Panelbuilder32 firmware

I clicked the link, this is the reply.
"Not available
'Locked' answer-The answer may be in a review cycle, you may not have a TechConnect contract or be linked to your contract (see answer 725311 - https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/725311)".

You need a TechConnect contract to display that RA KB unfortunately.

Does anyone on these forums even know what a TechConnect contract cost now day???

If you're well aware of that, why are you asking the same questions over and over, even when you get the answer?

I looked through the various PanelViews we have here onsite and out of the 20+ ones the oldest frn was 3.40. I was hoping for one that was older to test which frn update it could go up to. Sorry sifis I tried.

Panelbuilder32

If you're well aware of that, why are you asking the same questions over and over, even when you get the answer?
I am well aware of the fact of what error 25 means.
My question is what is the highest firmware that will not give me error 25.
I have not received the correct answer to the question.
What is the highest firmware allowed that will take me from 3.15 to firmware XXXXX?
I have received some incorrect answers, like firmware 4.20, I tried that, but it did not work.
Thank you.

Panelbuilder32

I looked through the various PanelViews we have here onsite and out of the 20+ ones the oldest frn was 3.40. I was hoping for one that was older to test which frn update it could go up to. Sorry sifis I tried.

Excellent work.
I always appreciated effort.
Thank you.

PanelView Standard: Firmware Upgrade Limitations

I found a RA KB that should be the answer. It is a TechConnect access.
https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/24267

Basically this:
2711 PV standard
frn 1.03 to 1.07
frn 2.00 to 4.20
frn 4.41 to 4.48

Ken was right in his previous post (as he usually is :geek: ) you should be able to update your 3.15 frn to 4.20.
Maybe you have a faulty PanelView and no amount of trying to get it to update is going to work...

You could just smash it with a big hammer, I know at this point it would make me feel a lot better 🔨

Basically this:
2711 PV standard
frn 1.03 to 1.07
frn 2.00 to 4.20
frn 4.41 to 4.48

Ken was right in his previous post (as he usually is :geek: ) you should be able to update your 3.15 frn to 4.20.
Maybe you have a faulty PanelView and no amount of trying to get it to update is going to work...

You could just smash it with a big hammer, I know at this point it would make me feel a lot better 🔨
I am from Missouri.
I believe in reality.
You believe in theories.
Reality tells me that 4.20 does not work.
I tried it with a good firmware.
Thank you.

sifis,

I have nothing to add to your question, but perhaps a warning.

Your attitude on this forum is quite unbecoming, and not at all the type of attitude that will solicit a lot of help from the people here. In most of your posts you come across as abrupt, rude or dismissive, and you have been quite acerbic to people who are much, much more experienced and knowledgeable than you, and people who have, despite your approach, tried their best to help you.

Several people who are extremely highly regarded by this forum for their immense wealth of experience have given you explicit, detailed, comprehensive and correct information, and you have routinely responded with sarcasm, disdain, and in some cases borderline aggression.

Nobody here is being paid to help anyone, including yourself. Any time someone gives you advice, tips, pointers, or links to articles you have been linked to previously but ignored, they're taking time out of their day to do it just for the sake of being a decent human being and helping someone else out. You would do well to remember this when you criticize people's responses to your often vague, self-important demands for information.

I can guarantee that you have already ended up on the "ignore" list of a great many people here who are much less tolerant than Ken, George and other moderators have been with you. Which is a shame, because a lot of these people can be great sources of information if you only approached them with the respect that is due to, well, any other human, but especially one that you want help from. If you want to continue to use this forum to help you in your job, I would strongly suggest that you take a couple of steps back and reassess how you are coming across, and how others might be receiving your posts.

Here is a good article which might provide some good information on how you can better approach your questions and your requests for help.

If you don't care for my assessment of your attitude, then my sincere apologies - by all means just let me know. I'll quite happily add you to my ignore list as well, so I don't have to see you mouth off at the good people of this forum, who have helped me endlessly over the years, any longer.

sifis,

I have nothing to add to your question, but perhaps a warning.

Your attitude on this forum is quite unbecoming, and not at all the type of attitude that will solicit a lot of help from the people here. In most of your posts you come across as abrupt, rude or dismissive, and you have been quite acerbic to people who are much, much more experienced and knowledgeable than you, and people who have, despite your approach, tried their best to help you.

Several people who are extremely highly regarded by this forum for their immense wealth of experience have given you explicit, detailed, comprehensive and correct information, and you have routinely responded with sarcasm, disdain, and in some cases borderline aggression.

Nobody here is being paid to help anyone, including yourself. Any time someone gives you advice, tips, pointers, or links to articles you have been linked to previously but ignored, they're taking time out of their day to do it just for the sake of being a decent human being and helping someone else out. You would do well to remember this when you criticize people's responses to your often vague, self-important demands for information.

I can guarantee that you have already ended up on the "ignore" list of a great many people here who are much less tolerant than Ken, George and other moderators have been with you. Which is a shame, because a lot of these people can be great sources of information if you only approached them with the respect that is due to, well, any other human, but especially one that you want help from. If you want to continue to use this forum to help you in your job, I would strongly suggest that you take a couple of steps back and reassess how you are coming across, and how others might be receiving your posts.

Here is a good article which might provide some good information on how you can better approach your questions and your requests for help.

If you don't care for my assessment of your attitude, then my sincere apologies - by all means just let me know. I'll quite happily add you to my ignore list as well, so I don't have to see you mouth off at the good people of this forum, who have helped me endlessly over the years, any longer.
Please add me to your ignore list.
You make ignorant & clueless comments.
I am looking for technical answers to technical questions.
I have no use & no need for personal comments.
Keep those to yourself.
I do not need inappropriate comments from you on who I am & who is knowledgeable & experienced.
I know exactly who I am.
Your comments are way off base, untrue & clueless.
Thank you.

Last edited:

Basically this:
2711 PV standard
frn 1.03 to 1.07
frn 2.00 to 4.20
frn 4.41 to 4.48

I do not know who is right & who is wrong.
I do know what works & what does not work.
The Panelview is fine, smashing the Panelview with a hammer is not troubleshooting.
I know I tried to update 3.15 to 4.20 & it did not work.
Thank you.

It sounds a lot like you will need a tech connect contract to get what you need. You stated in one of your earlier posts that you don't have a contract. Is that still the case? If so, I suggest you purchase one.
Your profile says you are a systems integrator specializing in AB products. It is hard to reconcile that with your lack of a tech connect contract. Somewhat like trying to build a house from a kit, but without buying a saw. You can get away with it in theory, but the real world doesn't perfectly align with the theory.