PanelBuilder32 Multistate indicator

adamh641

:sick: This is my first time using this website and I hope you all can help me. I am useing the Panelbuiler32 software and trying to add animation to a program. I want a multistate display to indicate one of three positions that a robotic arm is in. How do you program the multistate display to reconize the difference between inputs; that is can I have I:1/0 display one graphic and I:1/2 display another?

You will need to do some programming in the PLC. Depending on the two values of your digital inputs, move different values into a integer value. Use that integer in PanelBuilder32 to to display your mutliple inputs.

Panelbuilder32 doesnt really have expressions to let you do all that in panelbuilder32.

A multistate indicator can be driven two different ways for more than 2 states (on-off). The first method is the value method as Steve has pointed out. The HMI reads a decimal value out of a integer location and then displays that which is programmed for that value.

The other method is by least significant bit. The HMI "displays the message or state corresponding to the Least Significant Bit (LSB) at the read tag" address.

Hope that helps.

In the properties for the multistate indicator you can select a graphic that you want to display for each state. In the PLC you can just do

MulitiStateGraphic1.JPG

This is just using N7:0 as an example for the word you would send to the PanelView

PLCaddressing.JPG