Panelview 1000 indirect addressing?

steveb1475

Does anyone know if you can use indirect addressing in panelbuilder tags?

Also there isn't a lot of information on the notification and handshake tags in numeric entrys. Do you have to use them together or can you just use the notification tag? From what I understand, the notification tag is set to 1 when the enter button is pressed. Does the handshake tag from the plc set the notification back to 0?

Thanks,
Steve

steveb1475 said:
Does anyone know if you can use indirect addressing in panelbuilder tags?

No, PB32 doesn't support it that I'm aware of.

steveb1475 said:
Also there isn't a lot of information on the notification and handshake tags in numeric entrys. Do you have to use them together or can you just use the notification tag? From what I understand, the notification tag is set to 1 when the enter button is pressed. Does the handshake tag from the plc set the notification back to 0?

Thanks,
Steve

Example of how the handshake and notification tags function:

1 The operator initiates data entry. The Notification and Handshake tags are set to 0.

2 The operator enters a value in the scratchpad. The Notification and Handshake tags are set to 0.

3 The operator presses the Enter key on the terminal keypad (or the touch screen scratchpad) to send the value to the controller. The terminal sets the Notification tag to 1. The Handshake tag is 0.

4 The ladder logic program verifies the Notification tag is set to 1 and sets the Handshake tag to 1 when the new value is read. To see example, click

5 The terminal closes the scratchpad and resets the Notification tag to 0. The Controller resets the Handshake tag to 0.

Got it already, thats what I figured when I tried to validate the program and got an error: missing notify/handshake tag when I tried to just use the notify tag alone.
Also figured out how to do the indirect addressing in the plc program instead. I've just used some Uticor panels and seem to recall using indirect addressing in the program, but it used a different syntax; N7: (N8:1) instead of N7:[N8:1] and thought that maybe the panelview was the same. I had to use the handshake and notify tags to get it to work, but it works.
Thanks all,
Steve

Last edited: