panelview 1250 trend/datalogging problem

jimpad

Normally my trend works fine... I can open a new display, go back to the original display and the trend is redrawn with historical data. Occasionally, when I go off the display and come back the historical points are gone the the trend only draws new data. One thing I noticed, is upon powerup of the panelview when the datalog model "general" is started there is a small yellow triangle with a red mark in the middle. If I cycle power on the panelview the problem is fixed for awhile.

Any help appreciated.

Jim

I've had this problem before where on startup the PV Plus datalog fails on startup. I'm not sure if this is due to a battered ethernet network or finicky firmware. Seems like it takes the PV Plus a while to connect to the PLC's on the network. When I see this on startup I just go back to the PV setup screen and hit the Run Project pb again and it starts up with out a problem.

It's been a while since I've looked at it, but I believe so. I think it says datalogging failed to start with a bunch of other warnings and tag errors. It seems as though the startup error timer time's out before a connection is made with the PLC. It's especially bad with processors that have a small overhead timeslice <20%. If you can afford a higher OTS in your processor you will see improved communication to your PV Plus.