PanelView 600 Keypad/Touch to 1768-L43??

schalder_67

First time poster. I'm working on getting a Panelview 600 2711-B6C5 to communicate to a 1768-L43 controller through the RS-232 port using a DH-485 Connection. The L43 is set at address 0 and that is the address set in the panelview. The comm light in the Communication Setup screen in the panelview is on steady but I keep getting a "613 Required network node(s) not found" Thank you all for your time!!

Let's go over the simple stuff first, though you mentioned some of it.

The PanelView and the CompactLogix need to have unique Node Numbers; I suggest the PanelView be set for Node 1 and the CompactLogix be set for Node 2.

In PanelBuilder32, you configure a controller in the communications setup and designate the Node Number of that controller.

The cable between the two ports needs to be a straight-through RS232 cable. The null-modem type cable you use to upload and download to the CompactLogix from your PC will not work unless you add a null-modem adapter.

Are you certain the CompactLogix serial port is set for DH-485 and not the default DF1 Full Duplex protocol ?

Currently I have the Panelview set for Node 2 and the L43 set for Node 0. I am replacing a 5/04 with the CompactLogix and the 550 PV with a 600PV. The 5/04 is using the DH-485 communiction to a Panelview 550. In the Controller Properties under the System Protocol tab I have DH485 selected. if I change the controllers Node address on the L43 to 1 the Panelview pops up a ERROR: 20 Unable to write to remote device. So that leads me to believe it is set up correctly with a node address of 0 because this error does not pop up with the address at 0.

Last edited:
Aha ! Great info on how the error changes if you change the network configuration.

Are the addresses in your PanelBuilder application still the SLC-style "N7" and "B3" type addresses, or have you converted them to Logix-style tag names ?

The Logix family controllers can respond to requests for SLC and PLC style addresses using the "Map PLC/SLC Messages" feature.

Creating tags with names that are similar to the PLC/SLC data tables, like "N7[x]" isn't enough; you have to use the Logic -> Map PLC/SLC Messages.

I think that the "Required Nodes Not Found" message can appear if none of the addresses the PanelView is trying to read are present in the controller.