Panelview 600 to Contrologix using DH+

yam785

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am going from a Panelview600 (cat#2711B6C8 ser A) using DH+, going through a 1756-DH/RIO card to a 1756-L63 Contrologix processor. This project was started by another, and passed off to me. The Tags were set up in with the tag address the same as the tag name. When I try to validate, i get the error "tag address is invalid for tag name". Tag Name is 'AUTO_SEQUENCE_EN' and tag address is the same.

I have read through help files and manuals, and have tried many things, but no luck.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

yam785 said:
I am going from a Panelview600 (cat#2711B6C8 ser A) using DH+, going through a 1756-DH/RIO card to a 1756-L63 Contrologix processor. This project was started by another, and passed off to me. The Tags were set up in with the tag address the same as the tag name. When I try to validate, i get the error "tag address is invalid for tag name". Tag Name is 'AUTO_SEQUENCE_EN' and tag address is the same.

I have read through help files and manuals, and have tried many things, but no luck.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Using DH+, the PV600 must address PLC tags via the PLC5/SLC classic addressing files integer N, real F and discrete B.
DH+ protocol does not support Contrologix tagnames.

In contrologix an SLC/PLC mapping table is required to map classic addresses to contrologix tagnames.

You may be better off switching the PV600 to an ethernet version that supports Contrologix tagnames