Panelview 800 and Micro Questions

Well, when the PLC sends something outbound to the HMI it updates quicker. I was using the PLC to control the screens, which was responding quickly. But the stuff that the HMI has to update takes that 60 seconds.

right. but am i wrong in my way of thinking above? just to clarify what im trying to do, cliff notes the best i can. id like to use the CurrSysUser global tag and set an external tag in the Tag Editor within CCW that will store the CurrSysUser string data. then setup some logic within the ladder that would look at that Tag i created above and compare it to the multiple users that are able to log into the HMI. that will then evaluate true or false, setting a boolean bit which i could then use to feedback to the HMI and it would say "hey this user is logged in", so i could use that bit as a Visibility bit with CCW so certain buttons will appear on the screen only if certain users are logged in.

so say i go and hit Login on the main screen on the HMI, i log in and as soon as thats successful i land back on the main screen of the program. it could then take 60 SECONDS for that CurrSysUser global tag to update so youd have to potentially sit there for a minute and wait for the buttons that are only visible to your specific login appear on the screen? thats ludicrous

as an update, i set this up this morning and as soon as you log in the tag does update and the button that i wanted to appear on the screen does appear. you can log out, then log back in and it does the same thing. so it is pretty instant, there isnt a wait for 60 seconds for it to update.

as an update, i set this up this morning and as soon as you log in the tag does update and the button that i wanted to appear on the screen does appear. you can log out, then log back in and it does the same thing. so it is pretty instant, there isnt a wait for 60 seconds for it to update.

The application side responsiveness needs to line up with the industry standards regarding timing, however, PV800 System Tags 'written' to the PLC will not update but every 60 seconds or longer...At least that's what the PV800 CCW application Tags/Global Connections 'Update Rate' setting range is state to be- 60 to 3600 seconds...Look it up in you application...The OP couldn't implement a comms watchdog trying to read the "System Clock - Second" PV800 System Tag within the usual watchdog timing...

It is good to know you've succeeded reading the "Current User" System Tag in an efficient manner...