Panelview 800 Issues

toddp65

I developed and set a panelview 800 program for our glycol system last year.

It's been working fine, I just needed to make some logic changes to the micrologix and the PV800.

Upon uploading the program and making the changes and then downloading, I received an incompatible version mismatch, project not same as panel and unable to load. Panel is in 4.11, project is 5.11 (project WAS 4.11 when I uploaded it for backup).

I was stuck with an empty project until i could find a backup to save the day. If you make one change and save that program CCW automatically changes the version on you. I feel it shouldn't change the version unless you intentionally do it. I may have updated CCW in the last year, probably the cause.
I don't see a way to revert the program back to 4.11. It only shows the same version.

Thoughts anyone?

After messing with this I have decided my best recourse is to update the firmware to 5.12 on the HMI. I am hoping by doing this it'll accommodate the program modified into version 5.11

That is weird. When I use an older project and make changes, the HMI version isn't updated without me explicitly choosing to do so. Perhaps the difference is that I have the original project files, so I do not need to upload and "decompile" it. When modifying the original project file, the HMI version has never changed for me.

Updating the HMI is recommended, at least by my experience. I have encountered a bug in the version 4 world that would fail to properly unload an application to download an update. Version 5 seems to have fixed that. Plus, you can now disable that annoying error display that pops up if PLC comms are lost (as well as many other reasons).

The irritating thing I see when I use the current version I have is that it never downloads completely. The ellipses continue as it says downloading and then you have to restart the download and then it finally takes it, says complete but the HMI sits idle at the loading screen. I always then have to power down the display to get the new program up. Hopefully flashing to 5.12 will fix this.