PanelView and PLCs inputs

HiPo

Hello,

I am working with a PLC MicroLogic 1500.
I used a mechanical switch (ON/OFF) to start/stop measurements by using Input I:0/0. It works fine.

Now I am using a C300 PanelView and will replace that switch with Function keys:
F2 = start measurements and F3 = stop measurements
Both F2 and F3 are Maintained Push buttons.

Tags: InputA: Boolean, address: I:0/0
Connections: Write Tag: Input A and Indicator Tag: InputA
How can I set 1 to I:0/0 by pressing F2 and set 0 to I:0/0 by pressing F3?

Best Regards

I don't believe you can. While your PanelView may be able to write to that bit, the normal I/O service will quickly overwrite it with the status of the input terminal.

Better to have the PanelView write to a B3 bit and put an XIC instruction addressed to that bit in parallel with the current XIC usage of I:0/0.

What I do in this situation is have the HMI set 2 bits - 1 to bypass the input switch & the other to disable the input switch. You will have to change the HMI PB's to Momentary Set type, or modify the below ladder to compensate for maintained bits.

Capture.jpg

Last edited: