Panelview Communication Issue

In Panelbuilder, do a "Save As...", then choose the filetype to be *.pva (panelview terminal).

Save it directly to the memory card, or better yet, your regular location and then drag and drop a copy of it using winders exploder...

Also, there are compatibility issues (or used to be) with certain brand/types of PMCIA cards. We have some old cards made by A/B that always work...

Anyway, once on the card, just stick it in the rear of the panelview, and go to the config screen, follow the prompts to choose the file and upload it...

Paul

To add to OkiePC's post, below is a how to for RSLinx. Ignore the pin-out part of the first PDF as its for a connection to your PLC. The cable you need
is a straight thru cable. See PDF's below

Last edited:
The card method worked! I still plan on further exploring why the com1 communication is unsuccessful but for now at least the job is done. I really appreciate you guys taking the time to help a newb out.

Joe