PanelView Component

jkerekes

OK, everybody. I have a project that uses a PV C1000. Now I've programmed Standard PVs, Enhanced PVs and PV Pluses. Now I understand I can use a browser and program it while connected to it. Also there are two offline options: Emulator and DesignStation. I would like to develop the programs offline too. Emulator I really don't understand. It installs Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 and other stuff. Works only on XP SP2. Does it work in a VMware VM? I installed it but then I don't know where to go from there.

DesignStation looks easier to use. But how to I then download the application to the PVc? I know it creates .cha files.

you will need to install internet explorer 7.0, the latest panelview component software and emulator, and also determine the ip address of the terminals so you can program the units.

please note that the panelviev component terminal has a general purpose electrical rating as opposed to the ratings of the panelview terminals.

regards,
james

i'm not sure what design station software you are referring to. i have just told you everything we used to prograsm the panelview component terminals made by allen bradley.

they may have something new now, i don't know.
maybe someone else will add to the posting.

regards,
james

Hi I also have been asked to do some changes to a 2711C-T4T program offline. Is there a way to open the .CHA file and modify it? I have not been able to get the Design Station software to recognize the file and I see no way to import it. Is there something similar to the Factory Talk View .APA file I need to locate?

Yes unfortunately, with DesignStation too, the project can't be verified. You need to go oneline to do that. It seems the whole concept of programming the unit while only online was ill conceived. You don't always have a unit in front of you to program on or it's in production and can't be stopped to develope on. DesignStation seems MUCH better than the mess called Emulate.

I just recieved my CCW DVD in the mail today.
Time to upgrade a Laptop I guess, looks like may by 2 of them set up for programming now. I really don't want to upgrade my current programming laptop to XP SP3. Getting so hard to keep it all running correctly.

even with CCW you can only verify when connected to the screen.
It is better than direct through E/net.
THe inability to print or copy tags is a real loss

2711C-T4T tag issues

Well I have been using the Compnent Panelview software for a while now, the program transfer (import) from the Design Station Dashboard screen is a little cumbersome, but it does work well once you figure it out. The software is quite similar to the Studio (view) software used for the + line of PanelViews. The CCW program opens the design Station software when you select HMI for programming, but apparently it is not the same Design Station program base as my previously installed Design Station software. I am having some issues with the external tag database. I read in a post that you need to make sure you have your tags built before you try to use them. This seems to be because you cannot build a tag as you program. What I found is that the tag database needs to be entered into the program, saved, and then exit the program and reload it to be able to use the newly created tags. Anyone know a better way to do this? I am also having some issues with the program not reading some external read tags. My system is a Micrologix 1100 with 3 I/O modules connected,2 of them being used and one for future use and I am having an issue reading two of the inputs. I have three panelview screens with similar tags, they reference 3 similar but separate machines. They all have an indicator that is tagged to read an external input to tell the operator when a valve used for CIP is open or closed. The first screen reads the tag correctly and displays the valve condition, the other two machines do not. The only difference I can find is that the two tags that are not being read are inputs from one of the connected I/O modules. The tag that does read correctly is located in the I/O of the Micrologix itself. Anyone having similar issues with not reading external tags? It is probably a simple issue that I am not picking up on, but I just cannot seem to find the issue. I do like the report generator selection in the Design Station software. It is quite extensive if you need it to be and does print out an excellent list of the tag database. Does a nice job of generating data for documentation of the job. It is very similar to the reporting available in RSLogix 500 and best of all it is free.

Error validating alarms

Hello, I am working on a PV C600. When I validate the project, if there is no alarm, there are no errors. On the other hand, if alarms were created, I get errors when validating. Approximately 7 errors per alarms. Each of them telling "One or more alarms were programmed without a Message". But all of the alarms have Messages. I tried programming the alarms properties in different ways but none could make the validation without errors.

Thank you for all the answers

P-O