Panelview Keypad Problems

raccjim

I have a Panelview Plus 1000, keypad only that has an annoying problem that I hope someone can identify. Recently, every time an application is downloaded to the terminal, the keys no longer respond (none of them). If I then power down the terminal and re-power, all the keys work normally. Has anyone experienced this before? I've searched several sites and forums but can't seem to find an answer. I appreciate any input!

Can't say that I have seen this. Almost sounds like a stuck key issue. Curious if it does this immediately after you download or if it takes some time after the download before it does this. Odd to in that after the download completes, the PanelView would automatically reboot. Why a second reboot would be necessary to fix this is strange.

I guess I would look and see if I could do a firmware upgrade and see if that clears up the behavior. The newest version on Rockwell's site looks to be 5.10.16. I would suggest that you do a firmware upgrade to the latest MINOR revision and not jump to a higher MAJOR version. What I mean by that is if your terminal is firmware version 4.0 then upgrade to 4.1 but not to 5.0. If you terminal is 5.xx then upgrade to 5.10.16.

OG

Thanks for your reply... It doesn't look like a firmware issue, I have a second unit with identical firmware running next to it with no issues with the same runtime app. I'm also leaning toward hardware/stuck key, but I'm not able to verify that any particular key has a problem. If I had my choice, I wouldn't be using the keyed units, but this is a school and the curriculum requires it, sadly...

You might try re-flashing the firmware anyways. Even if it is the same version.
It's like reinstalling Windows on a PC. Sometimes wiping it clean and reinstalling can clear up issues.

OG