panelview plus 1250 running out of room in memory

Somebody has surely tried this since 2008. Any updates?

I have a couple PV+ terminals that I need to upgrade the memory/cf on. I have been thinking about just spending the $50 and ordering a 256mb SO-DIMM and a 256mb cf card and give it a shot. AB wants like $800 for the 128mb versions.

How much will it cost if the cheap stuff fails?

For HMI stuff, I will use generic parts, but for say a CF card in a controller, give me the hardened vibration and high temp. tested A/B brand. The extra $100 could be gone in seconds should the PLC fall over and die because I used a $17 memory card.

So if this HMI is one that you have a spare and isn't going to kill the whole plant due to a problem, then go cheap, otherwise, pay now instead of later.

Just my opinion.

It can be done, but you are skirting certain "issues" by doing so. :)

You will have to "image" the flash bit for bit to your new card. There are several tools readily available to make this happen.

I have seen this done successfully on a unit with a bad card. It was replaced with one the SAME size though.

I will not go into the details of how to do this, as RA sells these based on memory size. You are effectively stealing from them if you get this done.

Yes, the prices are ridiculous. That is not my point.

Good luck.