PanelView Plus 6 Ethernet Accessory module

tjntjntjn

Hi everyone,

Have any of you ever used the PanelView Plus 6 Ethernet Accessory module? If so, how does it work? How do you connect it to the PanelView?

Thank you

I had not seen that module before, and I am not into Guessing when frequenting this forum, as we usually get it wrong when we try to guess what people want if they do not spell it out fully, and we get tired of trying to get what is wanted by asking many questions.

Alan

I had not seen that module before, and I am not into Guessing when frequenting this forum, as we usually get it wrong when we try to guess what people want if they do not spell it out fully, and we get tired of trying to get what is wanted by asking many questions.

Alan

What are you talking about? I just asked simple question about Ethernet accessory module for Panel View's. You asked a question and now you're saying you are tired of asking question?:confused:

You don't have to guess what I want. If you know the answer you can help if you want. If you don't, then don't help.

Thank you

So many times people ask part of a question and expect us to know what you are thinking or make a guess at what you asked when you asked a partial question without enough information, and with PanelView questions it is always good to post all the part numbers so that people can make informed answers.

Alan

A quick search with Google lets me know that FTV ME cannot see this module and it needs to be set up via the terminal, but there does not seem to be much more information in their manuals.

Last edited:
It's just a PCI Ethernet card on a 90 degree riser in a steel case. Totally normal setup, just like the onboard ethernet module.

The product profile illustrates using the remote access features of the PV+ on this module, which suggests that the RSLinx Enterprise and KepServer Enterprise drivers cannot easily use it.

Is your application needing to connect to logic controllers on multiple networks, or are you adding an enterprise network connection to run FactoryTalk ViewPoint or VNC ?

It's just a PCI Ethernet card on a 90 degree riser in a steel case. Totally normal setup, just like the onboard ethernet module.

The product profile illustrates using the remote access features of the PV+ on this module, which suggests that the RSLinx Enterprise and KepServer Enterprise drivers cannot easily use it.

Is your application needing to connect to logic controllers on multiple networks, or are you adding an enterprise network connection to run FactoryTalk ViewPoint or VNC ?

This 2nd Ethernet port will be used to run Factory Talk ViewPoint. Will it be possible to set a static IP address for this additional port?

It's basically plug-n-play. By default it will work with DHCP.
But yes, you can add a static IP address for the other 2nd Ethernet card.
You will need to go to the desktop of the PanelView Plus 6, and open the control panel network settings.

It is a good idea to have the IP addresses very different for both cards (ex. 192.168.1.x and 10.10.10.x). The PanelView software doesn't know about the multiple Ethernet cards and just sends data to the OS. The operating system then figures out which card to send the data on to. Having very different IP network addresses makes is clear/easy for the OS to send data on the right Ethernet card.

Also, you won't need to assign FactoryTalk ViewPoint to a network card. So don't bother looking for settings in FactoryTalk View software. It will be active for both Ethernet active cards.

tjntjntjn said:
...Will it be possible to set a static IP address for this additional port?

See here...

538319 - Configuring the 2711P-RN20 module on a PanelView Plus 6
Access Level: TechConnect

Regards,
George