Panelview Plus 7 performance stuck booting when ethernet connected

Drewster1123

really strange issue. The panelview(2711p-T10C22D9P) will try to load an application and get stuck on "Starting Alarms".

If I reboot the terminal, unplug the ethernet cord connecting the HMI to the PLC, and run the application. it will load up fine.

Plug the ethernet back in and the comms return and the HMI runs.

has anyone experienced this before?

I have had issues with both Plus 6 and 7 Panelviews getting stuck on 'Loading Application' that would hang there indefinitely until you unplugged the enet cable, at which point they would finish within a minute or so and then run fine once you plugged the cable back in.

In some cases I have been able to eliminate the issue by reducing the number of hops between the HMI and PLC. The one case I remember distinctly, the HMI plugged into a switch in the HMI cabinet, which then went through two more switches before it connected to the PLC (3 switches total). I eliminated two of the switches from the route by running a separate cable directly from the HMI to the switch in the PLC cabinet and have not since had the issue on that cell.

I checked the route of the enet and it only goes through 1 switch in the plc cabinet.

I changed the communication config of the runtime to only have the PLC and no other devices.

Not sure what else to try.

ffs.... I saw on a reddit post that a corrupt online edit can cause this issue. just redownloaded the PLC program and the HMI booted right up no issues....

Thanks for that update !

One of the things a PV+ does via FactoryTalk Linx is do a correlation of the tags it wants to read and write with the PLC, during startup.

If there was a corruption of a tag or rung or something else that made that correlation process hang, it makes sense that it might get stuck in the process, maybe without a useful or accurate error message.