PanelView Plus 7 Perf Series B Ethernet Issues

I cannot get the PanelView to talk with my network. I understand that PING is disabled. I cannot see the PanelView via RSLinx. Any help is Appreciated!:unsure::unsure:

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

One simple diagnostic would be to re-enable the PING feature and see if the terminal starts responding to PINGs of its IP address.

I also like to use Windows PowerShell: "tnc 192.168.1.10 -Port 44818" will check to see if an EtherNet/IP stack is running.

You might also try to reset the terminal's communication drivers to default; sometimes folks download a driver set that deletes the EtherNet/IP driver.

Start from the basics: verify that you get a link light, verify that you're connected to a simple switch and not a router or VLAN port, verify that your computer's network interface adapter and the PV+ terminal are on the same logical IP subnet.

And again, welcome to the PLCTalk forum community ! It's a sunny Saturday and I've got a power washer and a to-do list...

was a solution for this ever found? I have exact same issue with an Out of the Box PV7+ Series B that first would not accept static IP, firmware upgrade resolved that, but now will not respond to PING and RsLinx cannot connect.

Last edited:
was a solution for this ever found? I have exact same issue with an Out of the Box PV7+ Series B that first would not accept static IP, firmware upgrade resolved that, but now will not respond to PING and RsLinx cannot connect.

Did you ever find a solution? I'm also having this issue

Did you ever find a solution? I'm also having this issue

Like someone said below, you gotta exit the "Windows CE" setup screen with the password you put when you initially powered the PV.

Once on the "windows menu" go to settings on your left side pane, and then services, scroll to the bottom and you will see a "ping service" toggle, enable it (you'll have to type in the other password you set initially), and if all is good, you should be able to ping the unit immediately.