Panelview Plus 7 Perf.- When downloading a runtime should it reboot?

Good Afternoon ,

I have a Panelview Plus 7 Performance HMI. I made some screen changes and created another runtime. I downloaded to the Panelview Plus 7 , expecting it to re-boot , but it did not. What did I do wrong ? I am sure I missed a checkbox some place. That is normal for it to re-boot , correct ?

Thanks so much for you help.

Using that checkbox is the only reliable method I know about to force the terminal to run the just-downloaded *.MER at the next reboot.

I don't even experiment with the Terminal Settings methods anymore; I just do another download with the box checked when I know I have an application I want to run.

Thanks guys ,

I heard that with the Panelview Plus 7 that you can add videos to applications . Is that true ? If so , how is that done ? I would like to put some training videos on some of our HMI's.

Thanks again , and have a nice Easter ,

If you have a "Performance" model, it has both a speaker driver output (screw terminals on the back) and Microsoft Video Player 9 installed on the Windows CE 6.0 operating system.

There are a handful of Knowledgebase documents about using the App Launcher ActiveX to run the PDF viewer or the video player.

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/835137