PanelView plus 700 copy from comand prompt

nmk34

Hi
I have this panelview plus 700, that i am trying to copy a log file from internal storage of the HMI to a usb storage. the command prompt report file cannot be found, even though i can use the command prompt to see the file. i attached a screen shot of the command prompt. can some help. thanks

20211015_091724_resized.jpg

20211015_092224_resized.jpg

If nothing else, you're missing a directory level. Notice how your dir command showed LineD_DataLog1 as <DIR>.

LineD_DataLog1 is both a folder and the name of a file inside that folder.

Your copy path should be \Windows\Logdata\LineD_Datalog1\LineD_DataLog1

Your addressing scheme is generally incorrect (which I admit I should have commented on earlier, but I was in a hurry and assumed you had general knowledge of how copy works).

You need to either give the file location relative to your current directory, or give it as an absolute location (presumably C:\Windows\Logdata\LineD_Datalog1\LineD_DataLog1)

'usb storage' is also not going to be work, you need to give the actual drive, eg 'D:\' or whatever letter Windows selected to assign the drive.

Windows CE doesn't use drive letters, but it does use backslashes to designate storage locations.

\Windows is a directory on the main filesystem which, as the name suggests, holds the Windows operating system files.

You probably shouldn't store user datalogs there. Put them in \Temp or \Logs if they're going on the main storage device, or into a directory on a removable storage device.

\USB Storage is the root directory of the first USB storage device connected to the terminal.

\USB Storage2 is the root directory of the second USB storage device connected to the terminal. The order of connection is all that matters; the port or hub they're connected to does not.

\Storage Card2 is the root directory of an SD or CF card inserted in the outside slot of the logic module of a PanelView Plus.

In general when you are storing data using the DataStore Plus ActiveX control, you should create a folder off the root directory of one of the removable storage devices, like \Storage Card2\Logs

It sounds like you're just trying to copy all the contents of the directory \Windows\logdata\LineD_DataLog1 onto a USB storage device.

The command line for that should be

copy \Windows\logdata\LineD_DataLog1\*.* \USB Storage\

There is a space between last asterisk of the source filename wildcard and the first slash for the destination path.