Panelview Plus Comms - DF1 and Ethernet at the same time?

james2288

Hi everyone. Not sure if this has been asked before but I could not find anything in the search.

I have a PVP1000 connected via DF1 to 1 ML1500 in one area and in another area a PVP1000 connected via Ethernet to 2 ML1400's.

My question is can I connect my first PVP1000 via Ethernet to the ML1400's to read and write to some tags whilst still being connected and communicating with the ML1500 at the same time? Would I run into any problems with the two PVP1000's communicating with the ML1400's at the same time.

NOTE: I do not need the second PVP1000 to communicate with the ML1500.

Thanks

Welcome to the Forum !

Can I connect my first PVP1000 via Ethernet to the ML1400's to read and write to some tags whilst still being connected and communicating with the ML1500 at the same time?

Yes. There may be some upper limit on the number of controllers a single PV+ can communicate with, but one over DF1 and two over Ethernet is fine. You can definitely run both Serial and Ethernet drivers in RSLinx Enterprise simultaneously.

Would I run into any problems with the two PVP1000's communicating with the ML1400's at the same time.

Only if the MicroLogix 1400's are already close to their limit on simultaneous TCP connections. Off the top of my head I think that's 16 or 32 different devices. It's definitely more than two.

You are correct that the PV+ doesn't do any sort of terminal-to-terminal communications, and you can't "pass through" a PV+ from another terminal on Ethernet to get to the Serial drivers.