Panelview Plus HMI key assigment

davidvu

A display has a button assigned to key F1. There is also an active popup (On top type) that has a button assigned to key F1. Would pressing the F1 key actuate both buttons?

Also is there a way to assign the same key multiple times on the same display?

Thanks for help. I don't have access to a keypad PVP HMI to find out myself.

Last edited:
In the situation you describe, when you open the On-Top Display, only the object associated with F1 on the On-Top display would be activated when the user presses F1.

But if the On-Top Display is smaller than the display it covers and you have a touch+keypad terminal, you can still make the underneath display active by touching somewhere on it (the On-Top Display) will remain visible) and then the F-keys will activate the object on the active lower-level display.

Only one object per Display can be associated with a Function Key. If you try to assign more than one object to the same F-key, FTView Studio gives you an error message with the text "Unable to assign the key assignments: Two or more objects have the same key assigned."

My next question should have been: "what do you need the HMI application to do ?"

The inability of FTView ME to execute more than one function per user action has been a drawback since its inception, but the slightly-misnamed "macro" function can allow you to set several tags to values or expressions with a single button press on the "Macro" button. You just have to define a simple Macro file in the Logic and Control -> Macros folder in FTView Studio.