Panelview Plus RSView ME with Windows Domain security

radfahrer

Lifetime Supporting Member
Can anyone point me to some tips and tricks for getting the Windows based security on a PanelViewPlus to work properly. I configured the domain accounts in RSView Studio and have created the accounts on the Domain, but when I try to login at the terminal I get a message telling me the password is incorrect. I have the terminal on the same network as the domain controller, and the terminal DNS is setup to look at the domain controller as well (the domain is Windows Server 2003) Are there any other local settings on the terminal I need to check, or settings on the domain controller? RsView studio does not seem to have much to configure, so I'm fairly confident I got that right (unless there's some non-obvious trick to it).

Has anyone gotten this to work successfully on their system?

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Regards,

Greg Krueger

Nope

No I never was able to get it to work...we ended up just configuring generic accounts and controlling access by restricting who we gave passwords to.

I haven't used domain security with RSView before, but am pretty sure that they just do an LDAP query against Active Directory to support the authentication. You should start your troubleshooting there depending on what info they provide.

Has anyone been able to get this working?

I'm currently facing the same problem: when I try to log in with a domain account I get a message "User authentication failed".

- My current configuration: PV Plus 7 panel, FT View ME 8.0, Windows Server 2008 R2
- I have created a user group in the server and added the group in FTView. I have assigned all security codes for the group.
- I created a test user in the server computer. I can log in to a client computer with the user.
- I have configured the panel with the right DNS server and domain address
- I can ping the panel from the server computer

What am I doing wrong?

Adding to my previous post: I am able to log in with the domain user using the FTView's simulation mode, but it's not working on the real hardware. This makes me think that there's something wrong with my panel's configuration settings.

I finally got it working! I figured that I had to enter the domain name in the "LDAP Configuration" window in the PanelView.

Are you setup to use SSL? You'll need to import the Domain Cert into the Panel if so.

I'm not using SSL yet, but that would be my next problem: I'm not able to pull the Domain Certificate from the server using FT View Studio. When I try that I get an error "Fail to connect to the domain server".

I finally got it working! I figured that I had to enter the domain name in the "LDAP Configuration" window in the PanelView.

I'm not using SSL yet, but that would be my next problem: I'm not able to pull the Domain Certificate from the server using FT View Studio. When I try that I get an error "Fail to connect to the domain server".

Well, you usually need a certain level of authority in AD to pull those. You may need to get a domain admin to assist.