PanelView version incompatible

MLoweNH

I am using FactoryTalkView Studio - ME and a PanelView 7 panel.
The PanelView is at level 8.0.12 according to the terminal settings-system information -> about.
I have a program and tested it. Under Application, I selected Create Runtime Application and chose the Runtime 8.0 Application. It creates the .mer file with a few warnings about a possible gradient issue. I use the Tools -> Transfer Utility to send it to the panel. I did NOT have it run the program immediately, but choose to do it from the panel's configuration screen.
The file arrives. I choose Load Application and get the "Caution - cannot open file due to version incompatibility."
Since I'm new at AB, I tried creating a runtime for 8.10 (this is a BRAND new panel, so I found it odd, it has an old firmware version), but that had the same result.
Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Do I have to upgrade to 8.10? (I guess I'd like to see it work before I break it doing the upgrade.)
Also what is the application/terminals communication configuration include and which should I choose?
Thanks.

Hii,
May i know the model No of panelview you are using and firmware revision. Rockwell integrated ME to SE.

I think you may have to use the upgraded version of ME or SE

My versions

from the about on the PC
"Factory Talk View Studio is the development environment for FactoryTalk View Machine Edition and Factory Talk View Site Edition"
Release 8.10.00(CPR9 SR 7.4)
Patch # 0
Build Number 13

PanelView Plus "FactoryTalk View ME Station"
OS 02.43.0.0
ME Station 8.0.43.12
FactoryTalk Services 5.13.213.0
most of the rest of the versions are 8.0.12.xx

Both the Panel and the software were purchased in the last few months.

Thanks for responding!

Working now

Although I tried it 5 times last night, I just tried yet again and this time it worked!
Thanks again for responding. Didn't know that plc's worked better after a good nights sleep too.

hey,

The details you have updated here is from the nameplate sticker on Panelview display.

Go to Terminal settings then system information. There you can see the MER version of the display supports.
Create new .Mer Display as per the system information. Surely it will work.