papst fan or external shadedpole rotor

mh.karzoon

hi
pleas i have fan of papst company and its iformation is
dv 180-230
230v ac
and i have proplem with starting this fan and it is 1 phase and its motor called external shadedpole rotor
please help me

Just what exactly is the nature of your problem?

To my knowledge a shaded pole motor only has to be fed with a (more or less) correct AC voltage; there's no capacitor required.

Or maybe it's a multispeed type and you're having trouble figuring out which lead is what? Then try to measure the resistance of every winding:
ShadedPoleMultiSpeed.jpg

The resistance of the winding parts between Hi & Med speed and between Med & Lo speed should be around 5 to 10% of the Hi speed-Common winding part.

BTW, Papst is now part of EBM. Maybe the fan type is obsolete or the part # has been changed.

Sometimes they have a "Klixon" (Thermal cutout switch) fitted in one of the winding leads, this could have failed.

thanks Sparkz

this fan has five wire (red +) ( blak -) (brown signal) (blue m1)(yellow m2)

m1 m2 for ac power and other connected to sensor i think it is heat sensor