Parker CTC HMI

sacsac

I am trying to download a project to a P11-314DR screen and cannot get communications. I am using MachineShop toolbar and I have a demo version of Interact. I have the project that I want to download selected. I've tried two different connections, the direct serial and the IPM Compatible. I've tried various baud rates. All with no luck. I'm using a null modem cable. I'm not even sure if this is the right cable. Also, does the CTC need to be in setup mode when downloading?

This is my first encounter with the CTC. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I have verified that the cable is correct.

When the screen is powered up, it will not finish booting up. It says boot device not found. I'm not exactly sure what it is looking for, but I'm suspecting that it must at least boot up before a program can be downloaded to it.

Is there a transfer screen to go to once it has booted?

It needs a CF boot device installed. Then it will boot DOS and then run the Shell (Setup mode) , which will have a menu selection to download from your PC.

See page 56 of the mentioned url .pdf manual, but be advised it's for a P1, not P11 unit. Might be slightly different.

Thanks Dave. I wound up getting a memory module out of an old CTC screen that had the same program. But, I will keep your tip for future reference. Thank you!