Parker CTC vs other HMI's

ddnnis

I Have a vendor trying to push parker CTC HMI. We use about 30 touchscreens a year. Want to know what people think of the CTC.

Thanks,
dennis

We have CTC's running the old Interact software and it is a pain to use. The new Window's based software is better, but costly. The hardware is costly, and in my opinion, not all that good. You would probably be better off looking into the Red Lion G3 or the Maple Systems OITs. Automation Direct also a line that looks pretty good, although I have not used them, but others on this forum have and can give you more information on them.

Regards

I Have a vendor trying to push parker CTC HMI. We use about 30 touchscreens a year. Want to know what people think of the CTC.

Thanks,
dennis
The newer CTC xpress are pretty nice and cost about 1/2 of a panel view.
I have used their 6" an 10", no issues.
My only wish is that their refresh/update rate was a bit faster.
Plus they do come preloaded with a truck load of drivers and can be easily connected to a PLC via ethernet as well as to a servo at the same time via serial or whatever.
Most set ups were done utilizing CompactLogic or ControlLogix
hardware.