Parnel view 550 and RS LOGIX 1200

mohamed_idris

Pernel view 550 has loose communication with the rslogix1200
and yet I dont know the previous communication set up for both.
Help
type of communication protocal is DF1.

Pernel view 550 has loose communication with the rslogix1200
and yet I dont know the previous communication set up for both.
Help
type of communication protocal is DF1.

THE PLC IS MICROLOGIC 1200 not rslogix 1200

What is the complete catalog number of your PanelView ?

Can you post the program for your ML1200, it's .RSS file ( zip it first then post).

Where they communicating at one time, if so what has changed ?

cat number for panelview 550 is: 2711-T5A16L1

I have rs logix500 for programing but i cannot set up communication with the Micrologic1200 becouse i not have the previous communication set up.(I dont have a backup)
I believe someone has change the communication from the parnelview ket pads.
thanks Mickey

Right next to the serial port on the ML1200 there is a little button that you can press with a paperclip. This will toggle the comms to default so that you can get online using DF1.
Do you have a copy of the pv project you can post?

Hope this helps

p/n=PanelView 550 Monochrome, DF1 Communication & RS-232 Printer Port

This should be a simple matter of connecting the right cables and using RSLinx Df1 Driver Autoconfigure.

p/n for the Micrologix 1200?

and, was it running before? What happened?