PDM-software Siemens

Hi Folks,

We are trying to install the Siemens PDM software v5.2 on a Dell laptop with an operatingsystem win 2000.
The installing of the software is no problem but when we start the software it only starts up in demo mode. We did install the authorisation.
Anybody ?

Thanks Rudi

OK.

Searching Siemens online for "PDM" gave several documents. One is saying:
"QUESTION:
What should you watch out for when installing SIMATIC PDM V5.2 integrated in STEP 7 / PCS 7?
ANSWER:
With SIMATIC PDM < V5.2 with integration in STEP 7 / PCS 7 you need the authorization for integration when operating PDM. This also applies when the option is not being used. From SIMATIC PDM V5.2 you are always notified of the lack of authorization (see Fig. 1) as soon as you attempt to parameterize a field device in HW Config."

Does that make any sense to you ?

Otherwise, it seems to be one for Siemens Support.

Hi,

Ok we found the problem,
banghead bonkhead The demo cd was in the official cd box.

Solving this problem another one accured, Seems that we're unable to
go on-line with the transmitter. We selected everything desame as on our old laptop (com1, 9600 Baudrate, 1 stopbit eso .

anyone?

This could be a case of "weak" voltage on the new laptops serial port.
Does it work in other cases ?
Is it enabled ?
Is it hooked by some other application ?

Hi,

Here's the solution, I found it at the siemens website (11713302)

QUESTION:
Why can't I set up any communication to a Hart device with my Field PG?

ANSWER:
One reason for communications problems might be unfavorable interface parameters in the BIOS of your computer.

During Start open the BIOS with F2.
Switch to the "Advanced" menu.
Select the "COM/LPT Configuration" item.
If the "Internal COM1" is set to "Auto", then change it to "Enable".
Now quit the BIOS with the Save Changes option.

For those who are interested

Rudi