period measurement for calculating acceleration - high speed counter resolution

Peter, wouldn't that define the phase of the signals and not the frequency deviation?
Yes, if you want speed control that would be much better than simply updating every time a zero crossing is detected. One can still do the zero crossing calculation too. The frequency due to zero crossing updates only every 16.666ms. That may be fast enough for this application but one must seriously look at all the other delays.

Or is the idea that you assume you can stay within a given phase range and the control will ultimately settle on an output that stabilizes phase error?
Keith
Yes, and therefore control the speed.

Similar Topics

Hello. Why is my RSLogix 5000 start in grace period mode, even though I have a valid license? I also think I have a decently recent FT Activation...
Replies
Views
Dear Gurus, I searched a lot but could not find a solution to the requirement i have. i got several answers to use timer and counter but not in...
Replies
Views
Had to break out an old laptop to access a system. Stills has RSLogix 500 on it but no activation. It starts up with the 7 day grace period. Is...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon , I have used many 1794-AENT Ethernet Adaptors , and never had this problem . I used BootP and assigned the IP Address , sent...
Replies
Views
Hi Can someone please help. I know this could be done easier in the PLC, but we don't have access to the code, so want to be able to do this...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom