phase shifting

Here is a link to a .gif of how to use the program.
Download the program as is to your controller, I set the hardware for S7-1215 DC/DC/DC V4.3. If you have later version you can still download this without any changes.

• Download the hardware configuration.
  • Open DB_ControlTags and change the tag "Start" to True.
  • The motor should start turning and the input should start counting up to 25 at which point it will stop for 10 seconds then the motor will start again; on an on until you change Start to False or hit the E_Stop.
  • Note that changing Start to False will prevent the motor from restarting after it reaches 25 but if it is already running it will continue to run until the count is reached.
  • To stop the motor at any time the E_Stop has to be deactivated (circuit open)
Get this done first and then look at the rest of the process, cutting and whatever else.
i tried with V3 but the problem stays the same i get 2 extra teeth, also asked for 23 to get 25 teeth but no great result
when using encoder the error was between 2 --5 mm ,but with CTU it was 2cm at this point i though maybe there is uncounted teeth but when checking the CV all teeth were counted 25 teeth +2 extra =27
also with rising edge detection and its HW interrupt, also if the speed is the problem why with encoder the error is 2--5 mm but with HW int and CTU the error is 2cm
i asked for 25 teeth i get 27 (the motor rotates the pinion) her we can say that the break order is sent exactly when reaching 25 but the inertia gives you 2 extra teeth
asked for 25 but hand rotation the break is at 25 (no inertia),but with encoder and motor evolved we get 2--5mm error(almost no inertia effect)
by this results we can eliminate the factor of speed

i tried with V3 but the problem stays the same i get 2 extra teeth, also asked for 23 to get 25 teeth but no great result
when using encoder the error was between 2 --5 mm ,but with CTU it was 2cm at this point i though maybe there is uncounted teeth but when checking the CV all teeth were counted 25 teeth +2 extra =27
also with rising edge detection and its HW interrupt, also if the speed is the problem why with encoder the error is 2--5 mm but with HW int and CTU the error is 2cm
i asked for 25 teeth i get 27 (the motor rotates the pinion) her we can say that the break order is sent exactly when reaching 25 but the inertia gives you 2 extra teeth
asked for 25 but hand rotation the break is at 25 (no inertia),but with encoder and motor evolved we get 2--5mm error(almost no inertia effect)
by this results we can eliminate the factor of speed

Too much to try to decipher.

Did you use V3 as is, no addition? Yes or no.
Did you run it for one cycle only but changing Start to true and then immediately back to false? Yes or no

If your answer is yes to both of the above questions there can be two results:
1- The sprocket stops at the start position and the counter (DB_ControlTags.ProxCounter) is zero.
2- The sprocket does not stop at its start position and the counter (DB_ControlTags.ProxCounter) is also zero.

And if the Start tag stays True then the above would be observed for 10 seconds and then the motor will restart.

That would be the way to test it.

Last edited:
Too much to try to decipher.

Did you use V3 as is, no addition? Yes or no.
Did you run it for one cycle only but changing Start to true and then immediately back to false? Yes or no

If your answer is yes to both of the above questions there can be two results:
1- The sprocket stops at the start position and the counter (DB_ControlTags.ProxCounter) is zero.
2- The sprocket does not stop at its start position and the counter (DB_ControlTags.ProxCounter) is also zero.

And if the Start tag stays True then the above would be observed for 10 seconds and then the motor will restart.

That would be the way to test it.

That is not accurate, the tag will increment if it coasts.