PIC Driver issue on RSLinx

RexIR

Hello All,

This is in continuation with the Fatal Error for AIC/PIC Driver on RSLinx while trying to download Application file to Panelview300.

I have downgraded the laptop to Win XP SP2 from SP3 as some of the friends here suggested AIC/PIC driver is not compatible to SP3.

Now when I try to run the driver I get the error as shown in the attached images. I have also attached the even log entry of the error. Please advice what the reason might be and how to get rid of it.

Rex.

rs linx error.JPG rs linx error2.JPG ab pic driver diagnostic.JPG abpic event log.JPG

You can actually get the driver working with SP3. See this thread.

The error looks like one you would get when another device is already using the serial port. Do you happen to have Factory Talk View Studio installed? If so, look for the process RSLinxNG.exe in the task manager and kill it.

If the above doesn't work, I would suggest uninstalling the serial port in the device manager and then rebooting. Windows should reinstall the serial port when it boots up, clearing the PIC driver. Then try installing the PIC driver in RSLinx.

My Laptop does have a real serial port. And it was working fine before i updated from SP2 to SP3. Now even after downgrading it back to SP2 it is not working.

I will try to uninstall the serial port and try. Also I was using RSLinx Lite before but now I have RSLinx Professional.

I will try to uninstall the serial port and try. Also I was using RSLinx Lite before but now I have RSLinx Professional.

Double check its not running as a service. A new installation will default to run as a service.

Problems not solved yet. I was using RSLinx professional 2.20. I had successfully downloaded before using RSLinx Lite 2.50 so will revert back to it and try.

Any suggestions are welcome in the mean while.

You say it worked OK till you did the update to SP3.
My suggestion, yes its a guess, is find a System restore point prior to the update, do a restore and see if this helps

You say it worked OK till you did the update to SP3.
My suggestion, yes its a guess, is find a System restore point prior to the update, do a restore and see if this helps

Somehting tells me that it may not be possible to restore to a point for SP3 though, would be interesting to know. :oops:

I am running SP2, RSLinx 2.50.
Since I do not have a serial port on my lap top I have to revert to a docking station to aquire com1. As stated, you have to stop linx, uncheck "run as service" and when you download to the PV select "RSLinx Network".
If it shows in RSWho you should be fine. I had to do this just last week and had no problems.

You shouldn't even have to do a system restore. Just go into add/remove programs and uninstall it. Doesn't really solve the problem though. He should be able to use the PIC driver with SP3. The only versions of Linx I have used the PIC driver and SP3 are 2.52 and above.

Have you reinstalled RSLinx since you updated? I didn't have to, but you never know.

Problem Solved

Thanx everyone for the inputs. I have installed RSLinx Lite 2.52 and it took me 3 minutes to complete the connection, communication and download.

I guess this thread is closed forever now and I wouldn't have to raise another issue regarding this.

Rex

Excellent Rex!

So if I understand this correctly, you were unable to get the PIC driver working under SP3 with Linx 2.50?