pid heat exchanger for temperature regulation

JEANST

hello i would like some tips about pid regulating on hot water circuit with heat exchanger. i explain the context.
i have a primary water circuit with temperature between 100 - 105°C
this circuit is passing through a heat exchanger. an analog 3-way valve enable to modulate the water flow.
at the secondary circuit the temperature of water must be controlled (eg 70°C)
a temperature sensor gives a feedback to the PID controller to control the 3-way valve at the primary circuit. the amount of water i must heat is quite high (3000 l)

What i have observed is the system have a high delay before responding. and i have some over and undershoots a little bit more that i would like.

I have set a quite slow regulation with low P and high I , no D a the moment but i Wonder if it would not be better. if some D is necessary should it be high or low value ?

the question i have is how can i integrate this delay of reaction due to the system ? to have optimized parameters, with enough reactivity

any experience would be greatly appreciated

thanks