PLC-3 copy live data

shanefaulkner

In a few months I'll be decommissioning a PLC-3. We have a DOS VM with the AB6200 software that can apparently go online with this beast. I say apparently because the only guy that ever did it has retired. I've been able to fumble around in the AB6200 software while offline, mostly for generating reports.

Wondering if anyone has any written instructions for how to go online with the PLC-3 and pull live data values to the computer to save me stumbling around with it?

The 6200 PLC-3 software user manual was Publication Number 62006.4.16. I can't find a scanned or online PDF copy of it, so it's probably only available in hardcopy on the aftermarket.

I haven't been online with a PLC-3 for over ten years, so I can't recall the steps from memory. I would expect the menus in 6200 to be fairly straightforward.

The last time we did a PLC-3 upgrade, we lured a guy out of retirement as a consultant. Laid some cash in his palm, bought him a couple steak dinners, and took copious notes.