PLC 5/20 & 1771 VHSC- BTR not working

blue52

Hello all,
I am adding a 1771 VHSC card to an existing system in order to more precisely control part positioning. The problem I am having right now, is that I can not get the BTR to read the data from the VHSC.

I have the BTR and BTW setup as recommended in the manual with the NC enable bits in series with the commands. None of the enable bits ever seem to turn on. The VHSC is in slot 1 (power supply in slot 0 and the VHSC in the slot immediately to the right of that) and I believe that I have the R/G/S setup correctly, 0/1/0.

I am able to force the outputs on and off (the lights on the front of the card actually turn on and off) using the setup screen on the Block transfer instruction, but the BTW will only execute once. The lights for the encoder channels A and B flash when I jog the motor, but no count is ever recorded in the setup screen or in the register the BTR should be writing to.

I am not too familiar with block transfers so any help is greatly appreciated.

It may help someone help you if you could post your .RSP file ( zip it first)

Note: I have not used that card but I'm sure someone has.

Thanks for the reply.
After posting, I sat back and looked at the whole program. I noticed none of the timers were updating either. After looking around for a few seconds I noticed someone AFI'ed the JSR instruction in the main file. So yeah now I feel like an idiot, but at least I can move forward with this thing.
Thanks again