PLC communicate with mobile phone

TEOWK

Hi everyone!

Is it possible to use a PLC to communicate with a mobile phone like Siemens, Nokia,Motorola and obtain the display data on the cell phone (like SMS message)?

Thank you.

In theory, yes.

If you put a GSM cellular modem on the PLC, it can send stored messages to your phone. If you're slick enough, you could also program the PLC to send ASCII commands to the modem.

AK

I ran across this article on a different forum.... Just thought you might want to take a look at it..... It's may not be exactly what you were looking for, but I though it was pretty interesting reading material.

Is it possible to use a PLC to communicate with a mobile phone like Siemens, Nokia,Motorola and obtain the display data on the cell phone (like SMS message)?

Yep! Do it quite regularly from Omron CJ1 PLC and Falcom GSM modem.

Usually alarms but sometimes moving data when a set point is exceeded.

Quite easy afetr the first one.

If you set up the modem correctly, you can also use it to dial in and modify programs etc.

I personally think that using ordinary phone (with display, keyboard etc), you cannot do that. The manufacturers normally do not publish the protocol of these.
Ofcourse you can use these terminals (made by SonyEricson, Siemens and I think also Nokia)