plc controlled step fire furnace is not very friendly with maintenance.

enfectana

Our company bought from North american furnace a $750,000 piece of equipment telling us its so reliable. Yes if you are from the manufacturer a chance for you to repair it would be possible but still tricky.Forsome reason our company and North American furnace had a legal dispute and the equipment went crazy and none of us in the maintenance know how to repair it..we called company after after company that said they have experience with this equipment but seems like none of them fixed it..and we are billed at an amount enough to buy another huge furnace..for forging titanium 33,000 lbs pounds each.
and four to eight of them would fit a furnace...so imagine the size of the furnace..sixteen burners controlled by SLC 500 and honeywell 7888 burner control.
finally we decided to almost scrap a $750,000 worth of equipment coz it would not pass survey for aerospace specs.and requirment.I am the PLC technician that just learn by reading manuals and self study and practicing by buying a used SLC 500 and software manage to learn it.
For some miracle this 4th of July I read the software and trace it backwards from the output to the input..and started to understand it..The company that wrote the software did it using 57 ladders and its too redundant that the scan time takes to long which affect our heat ramp time cuasing the furnace to overshoot..so I manage to add 10 rungs at the end of the ladder and improved ourramp time dramatically...we surveyed again and the furnace passed and all of us were happy...Maybe I will get a bonus..