PLC + encoder zeroing

Circiter

Hi y'all.

I'm kind of used to program in TIA portal but not in simatic manager.

So now I have a little problem at a client of mine.

sometimes the encoder loses position due to crashing of the table, slip of the belt, etc..

now they want me to program something in that when they place the table manually at the end limit switch (I101.2), and they press the button on the HMI (I....) that the encoder value goes automatically to 1750mm on their HMI and from therefore they can start the production again.

Any geniuses that would like to help my by giving a basic example program?

Thanks guys!

I think you need to post the type of encoder i.e. incremental, absolute etc.
Depending on how the encoder is accessed in the PLC for example: incremental then this is just a count in the PLC in a counter or register, in that case just forcing a value into the register will do that.
If this is the case then the logic would be AND Table at end limit (I101.2) AND Push button move 1750 into the register. (note: if there is some scaling done i.e. pulses to mm then you will have to load the raw value into the raw register before it is scaled.
If the encoder is via some coms or special motion card then usually there is a home limit input to the card that can be used to re-zero the home position.
Without posting more information on the encoder & PLC drive interface & possibly some code it is very difficult to give a possible answer

Hi Parky,

Thanks for the reply, I'm trying to open the program and post the components here.

If my field PG wants to work with me.. ;)

lol, the old field PG if it's the one I'm thinking it is, then built like a Brick $£!T house, expensive but good in it's time I had one in about 2004, Win2000 then but did not use it after 2006 got a shiny laptop & only installed S7 & TIA but kept the PG for S5 purposes, the ones I had before that was the PG675 (CPM based dual floppy) no HD, then a PG685 10MB hard drive CPM, then PG750 OS2 with CPM partition for S5( size of a bus but at least colour), Then a PG 730 . I also had another one bit like a half height shoe box possibly 710 not sure of the model