plc in substations/elec utility

zorina

hi. i just want to know if any of you has a success story regarding the use of plcs in electric utilities and/or substations. thanks.

Absolutely!!! Have used Omron networked PLCs in fully automatic base load diesel generator power stations several times. Christmas Island, RAAF Base Scherger, Weipa etc.
zzzzz

CLECO (Central Louisiana Electric Company) has a couple of installations using C200H at Alexandria and Ruston as circuit breaker reclosers.

Electric utilities

Yes, my last job was using Allen-Bradley 5/20e, 5/40e PLCs and 1400e PanelViews. Ethernet communications over a three ring fiber optic network.
S.C.A.D.A. of three main substations and switchyards, 138kv with 50 branch substations all monitored and controlled from a switchboard control center. The system also contained 250vdc generation and distribution as well as 6600vac 25HZ generation and distribution.

Note: Allen-Bradley120vac Triac input cards will work on 25-cycle power.