plc ladder diagram request

I was considering writing the code, just see a few people fall off their chairs.

The next thought was to write it all wrong and see what happens.

But I am too lazy.

Not believing this...

What you need is a "Get off your lazy A$$, button"

If you are a student this is a simple problem, If you are a technician, concider another field...

;)

Saw, Fan, & Pump Control

Sweetman1,

In case we have been too tough, here are some hints on how to start. Fill in the blanks before submitting this as homework:
SAW_PUMP_FAN.JPG

Lancie1 said:
Sweetman1,

In case we have been too tough, here are some hints on how to start. Fill in the blanks before submitting this as homework:
You may actually have to think about this a bit... (hint) the timer values may need to be modified.... and by the way Lance you forgot the "Get off your lazy a$$" button, or is it one of the ?????
:p

Daniel,

If one of those buttons is needed, then feel free. On the timers, can you see a way to do it with the 10 second values as shown? I think it would be elegant to use comparison blocks to look at the timer accumulators. That way, two timers can handle any number of motor startups and shutdowns. I have done it this way on large projects where many motors have to be started up in sequence, then shut down in a different sequence.

Lancie1 said:
Daniel,

If one of those buttons is needed, then feel free. On the timers, can you see a way to do it with the 10 second values as shown? I think it would be elegant to use comparison blocks to look at the timer accumulators. That way, two timers can handle any number of motor startups and shutdowns. I have done it this way on large projects where many motors have to be started up in sequence, then shut down in a different sequence.
Geeze... you are seriously helping here...
That is a very good idea... save timer memory... 📚

I have a jig saw in my garage that I have rigged a blow off nozzle to to blow sawdust away from the blade so you can see the line when doing fine scroll work. No PLC required.

Flip the on switch to the air compressor.
Turn the Needle valve.
Flip the on switch to the saw.

When I'm done I shut it off in reverse order.

So I guess I need the PLC code too. Now Dammit. :D

DanielCamacho said:
That is a very good idea... save timer memory... 📚
Helps keep the final weight of the PLC down too. :unsure: ;)

Last edited: