PLC Needed with WebServer

Greetings,

Based on your requirements, I believe the Nano-10 would work very well. I would also recommend adding a FRAM-RTC-256 so that you can store up to 256kb of data in a local file, which could be uploaded to an FTP server or read back by the PLC and sent to a remote server via TCP/IP connection.
[FONT=&quot]
The Nano-10, just like all of Triangle Research's Super PLCs, does have a built in web server that can store HTML and JavaScript files to host web pages from PC and smartphone browsers.

Trending would need to be done by external software, or a local HMI. PLCs are not normally equipped with sufficient memory to do such functions, but are excellent at generating and transmitting the data.
[/FONT]
Here is a link to our web site to where you can download additional information for this product.

http://www.eternity-sales.com/tri-plc/tri-plc.htm

Disclosure - ESI is an authorized distributor for Triangle Research.

Feel free to contact me through this forum, the email link below or through our web site.

Shalom and God Bless,

I'm working on a product line where I need a controller to meet the following criteria. This is a small 'box' solution so further expansion isn't in the focus.

Needs to have...
2 Analog Inputs
1 Digital Inputs
RS232 or RS485
WebServer (not the generic PLC status, but able to create custom HMTL pages.)
Trending / Logging of 2 Analog points.

Any products come to mind? I'd prefer a PLC if possible but will consider to other embedded controllers as well.
IDEC Micro Pentra...all that stuff, right out of the box.

New product I have been requested to install. Its called a TBOX LT2 by Semaphore.
http://www.servelec-semaphore.com/products/t-box/lt2.php
It has 8AI 2AO 16DI/DO Ethernet. RS232. RS485. And optional 3g modem. Internal battery charger if u want to install a battery back up.for it. Web server with firewall. And software to make the Web pages for you. The logic on it is either programmed in ladder or basic. And it is very compact.

Haven't made a move yet on this project, but currently we are focused on the **** Flexy 100.

I've taken a close look at the products mentioned. Thanks to all for your input. The TBOX LT2 is very interesting. Will be checking that one out more. Would be interesting to hear how that works out for you DwSoFt.

Our focal point is seamless connection to the internet. The **** solution allows us to 'drop' this product on any site with no (or in some situations very minimal) IT work to connect the device to the internet.

The Flexy gives us one platform and lets us choose between Ethernet WAN, Cellular, Wifi, or even PSTN for the internet connection. It has an IO extension card that will meet my requirements for the points being logging. No logic capabilities but hope to do any tag formatting with the internal BASIC scripting.

The data logging is built-in and we'll be using the View0N to create embedded Web pages for remote or local viewing of the hardware and trends.

The Tbox has logic. And it has everything else you mention other than wifi access. If needed I'm sure you could install a wireless hub... either way there are some good options out there.so far I am happy with the TBOX. SIMARK Controls distributes them here in Alberta. I believe they have an office in Ontario as well.

Last edited:
SoftPLC has a Micro that has an embedded web server to do your pages, log data and read the inputs.

B&R has this guy:
http://www.br-automation.com/en-us/products/control-systems/x20-system/compact-cpus/x20cp1301/

It is an actual PLC and will be able to host web pages that allow read/write access to the variable data. B&R is moving toward running all HMIs from their PLC web servers, so this will be the fullest featured web server option from a PLC. It is capable of logging in many different ways (built in local logger function, local text file, SQL, network drive, etc). You will have to run internet to it or pair it with an **** (you don't have to go as high end as the Flexy). B&R is high-end, so even this low-end offering from them is pretty beefy (at prices way below Siemens and Rockwell).

Last edited:
Our Nano-10 PLC seems to fit perfectly what the original poster wanted. It has a built-in webserver that you can customize your own control webpage using a simple text editor and has the following hardware:

1 x Ethernet port support Modbus TCP client and server
1 x RS485 port support Modbus ASCII, RTU and general serial input and outputs
2 x 12-bit 0-5V analog inputs
4 x digital inputs (24V NPN)support pulse measurement, quadrature etc.
2 x relay outputs (5A @120V/230VAC or 24VDC)
2 x solid state outputs support PWM, stepper motor.

For more details please visit: http://www.triplc.com/nano10.htm

For data display over a webpage you may want to check out a Red Lion Datastation Plus. I have used these for that exact purpose on a handful of solar power plants.

They also have historical data logging and if you want to get more involved on the data visualization side it is easy to get the data into a database with a web frontend with all of the bells and whistles that come along with that.

Our Nano-10 PLC seems to fit perfectly what the original poster wanted. It has a built-in webserver that you can customize your own control webpage using a simple text editor and has the following hardware:

1 x Ethernet port support Modbus TCP client and server
1 x RS485 port support Modbus ASCII, RTU and general serial input and outputs
2 x 12-bit 0-5V analog inputs
4 x digital inputs (24V NPN)support pulse measurement, quadrature etc.
2 x relay outputs (5A @120V/230VAC or 24VDC)
2 x solid state outputs support PWM, stepper motor.

For more details please visit: http://www.triplc.com/nano10.htm

I agree, your product is of interest to me.

However, explain to me the steps for creating a remote connection to view the webserver pages over the internet.

This will be installed on a rural site with standard high-speed internet, and no fixed IP address.

I agree, your product is of interest to me.

However, explain to me the steps for creating a remote connection to view the webserver pages over the internet.

This will be installed on a rural site with standard high-speed internet, and no fixed IP address.

You should be able to use a service like DynDNS to configure communications to the device from outside. It handles mapping the correct IP address and updates as necessary when it changes based on your ISP. In your router you can set up specific ports to be forwarded to the PLC as necessary allowing you to connect to it from the outside world.

I have used it for that exact purpose many times.

Regarding your question to Trilogi regarding creating a web server page and viewing it, I would suggest reviewing their manual and specifically section 2 (Ethernet Port)

http://www.eternity-sales.com/tri-plc/files/Nano-10-UserManual.pdf

If you recall, this is the same product I had referenced in an earlier post.

I believe "Trilogi" is one of the factory people and the same company in which we are an authorized distributor.

If you have any additional questions after reviewing the information recommended, feel free to post, pm or email. You will likely receive either a response from me or Trilogi.