PLC online tags not showing in FactoryTalk SE

Milestogo

Hello,

I'm having a problem since yesterday, can't figure out why.

All new plc tags (either controller type or program) won't show in Factorytalk.
- PLC is 1756-L84E rev 31.12
- FT VIEW 9.000 (cpr9 sr9)

- They do not show in browser
- They do not interact with animation even when direct-referencing them (ghost-like objects since it cannot be found)

I'm using FT SE network distributed through a server, accessible through VMware Horizon.
I am really not keen about restarting the remote computer, as plant is depending on it to work.

Could it be that there is too much tags in the PLC?
Thanks for your valuable help!

Hello,

I'm having a problem since yesterday, can't figure out why.

All new plc tags (either controller type or program) won't show in Factorytalk.
- PLC is 1756-L84E rev 31.12
- FT VIEW 9.000 (cpr9 sr9)

- They do not show in browser
- They do not interact with animation even when direct-referencing them (ghost-like objects since it cannot be found)

I'm using FT SE network distributed through a server, accessible through VMware Horizon.
I am really not keen about restarting the remote computer, as plant is depending on it to work.

Could it be that there is too much tags in the PLC?
Thanks for your valuable help!

Guess you do not have a redundant system? That is the only thing that has helped me in the past was to reboot the HMI server. I've also seen where I had to reboot the FT Directory also. Try refreshing your tag folders in the browser first by right clicking on the folder the tag is in?

Of course, I've tried refreshing the folders before.

How could I see if I do have a redundant system ?

If I have redundancy, would it be ok to reboot one server? (or would I still lose contact on my HMI clients ?)

Thank you

You need to reboot your tag server. At least this is what our system needs when this happens. Our tag database is on the FactoryTalk Live Data Server. You can start and stop the service which will cause the tag database to reload this should fix your issue.

If you have redundant systems rebooting the server will cause the system to fail over to the secondary.

OK, I know this is very basic and you've probably already done this....but in the Tag Browser, right-click on any folder/item in the left pane and select Refresh All.

It usually needs this to see new tags.

OG

Of course, I've tried refreshing the folders before.

How could I see if I do have a redundant system ?

If I have redundancy, would it be ok to reboot one server? (or would I still lose contact on my HMI clients ?)

Thank you

To see if you have a redundant system, in FTView Studio on the left hand explorer window, right click on HMI server and click on properties. Click on the redundancy tab, If the top box is checked there should be a backup server named in the box.

If you do have redundancy your clients should switch over to the back-up server when you reboot the HMI.

You will also have to back-up your changes to the redundant server once you get everything in your project. There are a couple ways to do this. Usually, I just click the Replicate active to back-up button located under the same redundancy tab.

Ok, Problem fixed.

Client has a redundant system, so we made a backup of the first one to the second one before switching server and restarting rslinx enterprise on the first one.

Everything fine, thank you all for your help !

You need to reboot your tag server. At least this is what our system needs when this happens. Our tag database is on the FactoryTalk Live Data Server. You can start and stop the service which will cause the tag database to reload this should fix your issue.

If you have redundant systems rebooting the server will cause the system to fail over to the secondary.

So essentially you did this. By restarting the primary it failed to the secondary then when the primary came back online the primary took over... This caused your tag database to refresh.