PLC Program

Hi guys, can anyone help me with a PLC program for the scenario below which is an industrial oven. PLC programing is alien to me !

Cheers

CC

• When the bearing is placed in the oven and a door switch is made as the oven door is closed the light should indicate amber for 5 seconds.
  • After the 5 seconds the oven automatically heats up and the red light comes on for 30 seconds indicating a bearing is being heated up
  • After 30 seconds the oven is switched off and the bearing is allowed to cool inside the oven with an amber light on for 10 seconds.
  • This is replaced with a green light for a further 15 seconds and then the green light goes off meaning the bearing can be removed safely and retaining enough heat to position on to the motor shaft.
  • Incorporate safety interlocking with the door switch and alarm conditions _______________________________________________________

Last edited:
Did someone write a program spec with a requirement like this:
"Try to incorporate any safety interlocking with the door switch and alarm conditions to enhance the program".
Sounds like a home assignment to me.

Last edited:
Start by listing your inputs and outputs. Make a table that lists the steps of the process (we call the steps states). In that table list how the states change (inputs and times) and list the outputs for each state. Then try to convert that to a program, it doesn't have to be ladder, it could be a series of statements that can then be converted to ladder. Do that and post it here and we'll help you take the next step.

Show us what you have and we'll be happy to tutor you.

If you are a student you need to realize that we see you as a future coworker, so naturally we want you to become competent. We have all had incompetent coworkers who got through school the easy way (and without lessons in morality and ethics) and they suck. Thats blunt, but thats the reality of life. If we spoon feed you the answer you learn nothing and you'll become another one of those incompetent coworkers. If you put forth some effort then we're only too happy to help you improve your program. Many students have come here looking for a free lunch and left without. Some students came having done their work already and just wanted help to understand it and make it better and they showed that they had put in effort. They got help. Some came looking for a freebie at first, but then they realized that if they showed effort they got tutored, so they put out some effort and got help on not just one assignment but on several. The question is, which one are you?

Last edited:
It's help I require not lesson in morality..

If you knew how to do it you would not be asking for help. So you are in learning mode. Makes no difference whether a school project or teach yourself.

We will not do your work for you
UNLESS you send money first

Show some effort on your part and we will help.

Dan Bentler

How are you to deliver the program - on paper or do you have some software for creating a plc program - if so what software do you have?

The answer to your question ("can anyone help me with a PLC program for the scenario below which is an industrial oven.") is YES. There are dozens of us here who could write this code is just a few minutes.

Now, the answer to the question you're really posing is NO, we will not do your homework for you! We love HELPING with homework, but we will not do it for you. Make an attempt first, then show us what you already have. Ask a specific "I don't understand..." type of question and we will guide you. But we won't DO your work for you. You won't learn from it if we do -- and I sure won't be interested in hiring you when you come seeking a job. (Trust me, in an interview it's easy to tell who knows and who blows...)

• When the bearing is placed in the oven and a door switch is made as the oven door is closed the light should indicate amber for 5 seconds.
  • After the 5 seconds the oven automatically heats up and the red light comes on for 30 seconds indicating a bearing is being heated up
  • After 30 seconds the oven is switched off and the bearing is allowed to cool inside the oven with an amber light on for 10 seconds.
  • This is replaced with a green light for a further 15 seconds and then the green light goes off meaning the bearing can be removed safely and retaining enough heat to position on to the motor shaft.
  • Incorporate safety interlocking with the door switch and alarm conditions _______________________________________________________

How will the oven know that a bearing is in there?
What is to prevent putting more than one bearing in?
What is to happen if the oven does not heat up?
What if the oven is not heating properly?
Is there a specific temp the oven is to heat to?
What happens if you open the oven whilst it is heating?
What safety interlocks are you proposing?
What are your proposed alarm conditions?