plc programing

Thats ok, you are not missing much.

It would cost you $1700 to get here from Ancorage and back.
Once you were here you could drive around the island and see everything in less than 1 hour, have a couple beers at one of the 3 or 4 bars on the island and then get a plane and go back.

It is a very beautiful place though, especially when you are seeing it for the first time.

I would not put it on my 10 places I would like to visit but it might make your bucket list.

Have fun on your trip, my wife has plans for our family to visit "Our Nations Capital" this time while I am home.

BCS

BCS there is a tv documentary on over this side of the pond called "Alaska. The Earths frozen kingdom", it has quite a detailed part about Deck hands on the fishing trips jeez they earn their money also it tells of the Sperm Whales stealing the catch right off the fishermens lines they lye in wait and just scrape the catch off as it is being reeled in. Black Cod I think it was, they have recently learned how to do this. There is no way of telling when they will strike either, some boats are loosing a fortune, amazing stuff.

Have not seen that one.

We are a trawler so we pull a giant net the size of 3 American football fields.

I have not seen or heard of any whales attacking our nets, but we do see Orca (killer whales) Sperm Whales and Humpback Whales quite often.

Now and then we do get a Sea Lion that will jump up on top of our net as we are pulling it in, then make his way up onto the deck and refuse to leave.
He does this because there are Killer Whales in persuite of him and he does not want to become their dinner.

And yes you are right, this time of year the deck hands do earn their money, it can get very cold, windy and rough this time of year and I am very glad to be part of Engineering so I am able to be inside most times, nice and warm with cup of coffee in my hand and not on deck for hours at a time freezing my ho-ha's off.

BCS

Move to Georgia and invest in that chicken plucking machine. That'll take care of rich and successful; as for handsome, well if you're rich and successful you can afford plastic surgery :ROFLMAO:

Move to Georgia and invest in that chicken plucking machine. That'll take care of rich and successful.

Today is a good day on the forum, I started laughing all over again when I came in and read this. (Good Stuff)

Cant remember the last time I had so much fun at work.

BCS

BCS Ponder these.

Why do we press harder on a remote control when we know the batteries are flat?

Why do banks charge a fee on "insufficient funds" when they know there is not enough?

Why does someone believe you when you say there are four billion stars, but check when you say the paint is wet?

Why doesn't glue stick to the bottle?

Why do they use sterilized needles for death by lethal injection?

Why doesn't Tarzan have a beard?

Why does Superman stop bullets with his chest, but ducks when you throw a gun at him?

Why do Kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

Whose idea was it to put the letter "S" in the word "lisp"?

What is the speed of darkness?

If you send someone 'Styrofoam', how do you pack it?

If the temperature is zero outside today and its going to be twice as cold tomorrow, how cold will it be?

If people evolved from apes, why are there still apes?

If it is true that we are here to help others, what are the others doing here?

Do married people live longer than single ones or does it only seem longer?

If someone with a split personality threatens to commit suicide, is it a hostage situation?

Can you cry underwater?

If money doesn't grow on trees, why do banks have branches?

What level of importance must a person have, before they consider assassinated instead of just murdered?

Why does a round pizza come in a square box?

How is it that we put man on the moon before we figured out it would be a good idea to put wheels on bigger suitcases?

Why is it that people say they "slept like a baby" when babies wake up, like, every two hours?

If a deaf person has to go to court, is it still called a hearing?

Why do people pay to go up tall buildings and then put money in binoculars to look at things on the ground?

Why do doctors, when they ask you to strip, leave the room or close the cubicle curtain while you change? - They're still going to see you naked anyway

While the 3 freeways on the island of Oahu are part of the 'Dwight D. Eisenhower System of Interstate and Defense Highways' they are designated H-1, H-2 and H-3.

BCS Ponder these.

All good ones, thanks.

I copied these onto emails and spread them around the fleet.

Feels good to smile and laugh a bit, I usually just run around half ****ed off cussing all day .
Done a lot of that today also, but Badger has had me smiling most of day :D so I think my blood pressure is in check.

Been here 8 years and still not used to the elevated level of stupid I see on a day to day basis.

BCS

Bering C Sparky said:
Been here 8 years and still not used to the elevated level of stupid I see on a day to day basis.

Just when you think you've made your code completely idiotproof, someone goes and designs a better idiot. That's what keeps us all in a job ;)

Just when you think you've made your code completely idiotproof, someone goes and designs a better idiot. That's what keeps us all in a job ;)

Actually all my PLC stuff is tight, and I have little problem with any of it that is already out on the floor and working.

In fact the free reign I have with the PLC / Automation onboard is probably the only thing that even keeps me at this job.

All my problems revolve around 100+ human animals destroying anything and everything they touch. If it has a button, lever, switch, plug, hinge, cover, or a cable going to it, for sure if you give any of them about 30 seconds alone they will have it torn apart.

I believe that you could hand most of them a rock an say hold this for a moment and when you ask for it back they would hand you a pile of pebbles.

I often look at myself in the mirror and say:
Really, is this it. Is this what you are going to do for the rest of your life, deal with the same stupid, day in and day out?
And about that time someone goes and reaches a whole new level of stupid.

I ran my own company for 18 years and would just send stupid packing down the road right away.
Unfortunatly it does not work that way here.

I look forward to the times when I can sit in the shop, lock the door and just work on a program, at least that is enjoyable and stimulating to the brain.

Well, venting feels good also, not as good as laughing but good non the less.

Where is Badger when you need him!! LOL

BCS