PLC SIMATIC -> ProTool

Edmond

Hello,

i have problem with Protool (TP170B - touch panel)and my S7 315 CPU.
I create a integrated Protool project with PC as HMI.
The PLC is connected to the PLC over MPI Adpater.

I use set_bit_in_tag - OnButtonDown and reset_bit_in_tag - OnButtonUp for write to DBx.BDWy
Sometimes is a bit DBx.BDWy permanent force 1, although I'm not just press button.

Thanks
Edmond
P.S: Sorry for my bad english

Last edited:
Hi Edmond.

i have problem with Protool (TP170B - touch panel)and my S7 315 CPU.
I create a integrated Protool project with PC as HMI (?).
The PLC is connected to the PLC (?) over MPI Adpater (? cable?).
There is a bit of confusion here, but I think that you have your TP170B configured correctly to access the 315 via MPI because you have established communications.

I use set_bit_in_tag - OnButtonDown and reset_bit_in_tag - OnButtonUp for write to DBx.BDWy
Sometimes is a bit DBx.BDWy permanent force 1, although I'm not just press button.
This is exactly how not to program a pushbutton. If the PLC misses a cycle in the communication with the panel, the bit will remain set - just as you experience.
The safest is to use the set_bit_in_tag function only, then avaluate the bit in the PLC program, and then reset the bit in the PLC program. It is more cumbersome this way, but very safe.
Also consider to animate the button on the TP170B with the state of the bit. In that way the operator has a visual feedback about its state.

funkce pro nastavení jednotho bitu je "/Edit Bits/ Set_bit" dále je možnost nastaveni n-tého bitu v tagu typu např. byte, nebo word viz. /Set_bit_in_tag/ ...

každopádně, tahle funkce BIT JEN NASTAVÍ (je i fce invert_bit nebo reset_bit), a docela stačí na konec OB1 hodit krátký network kde se příznaky znulují ...

a také je úplně jedno jaká je konexe... používám OP170 přes MPI i Profibus, musí se chovat stejně...