PLC5/30 communication with wientek mt8104ih

zeeshan123

hello
i want to communicate PLC 5/30 with weintek MT8104iH HMI with RS232 interface. i have done following setting on plc 9600,8,0,none,crc. serial cable connection are (2 with 3) and
(3 with 2) and (5 with 7). but it is not communicating.
need help

Hi,

You will need to provide a little more information to help narrow down your problem. RS232 is your electrical connection - you still need to agree what protocol you will pass over your RS232 connection. Check the Weintek carefully - it has multiple serial ports which are able to be configured for RS232/422/485, depending if you connect to Com1, 2 or 3.

You need to determine what your PLC serial port has been setup for (e.g. DH485 say) before you can successfully talk to the Weintek.
We have used the Weintek HMIs to communicate with several AB controllers using Ethernet, DF1, Modbus and DH485

Regards,

Rob