PLC5-60 1794-ASB Adapter

Then to use channel 1A as a remote I/O scanner you must configure the channel for it see picture below. You will also need to edit the chassis properties. see picture below.
Then add your modules to the chassis. Again discrete modules do not need block transfers, they just show up in the data table after you add them to the chassis. Analog module do need "BTR""BTW". The 1794-IE12 and 1794-OE12
are not selectable in the I/O select menu, there are knowledgebase(I.D. 43255 , I.D. 66453) articles about this at AB.com. You need a tech connect contract to view them. ( I don't have one)

http://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/list/kw/1794-oe12/r_id/113025/search/1

1ASetup.jpg 1AChassis.jpg

Last edited:
Ok Mickey I`ll try this solutions. Can I ask a question?..Where do you learn about that I haven`t found this kind of information in the manual-great information congrats- I also want to ask about how do I configure the modules IE12 and OE12 to stop green flashing blinking. Thanks I`ll tell you how does it works.

For the 1794-IE12/OE12 modules check the Knowledgebase articles I referenced
above. I don't have a tech contect contract so I can't view them. If you can't then maybe someone who does will be kind enough to tell us what they say.
Or maybe the AB guys can help with how-to configure those modules.

There are a couple of other KB articles also, just do a search for the modules in the KB.

Knowledge comes from the manuals, a little AB training and mostly trail and error. And of course "PLCS.net"

Last edited:
felmed,
Check your private messages.
Can you give us some info about the analog inputs ( 4-20ma, 0-10v or?)
And also the outputs.
How do you want the cards setup? See picture below for your options

setup.jpg

Last edited:
Mickey The configuration that I want is 4-20mA in all channels. I´m trying to get a temporary techconnect and soon I´ll post the articles that you mention me. Where do I configure this range selection bits?

Mickey The configuration that I want is 4-20mA in all channels. I´m trying to get a temporary techconnect and soon I´ll post the articles that you mention me. Where do I configure this range selection bits?

In the BTW data file that you created for the input module, the second
word is the configuration word ( N21:36). See pictures below. In your sample program you used word N21:35 Len of 2 for the BTW of your input module. see picture below for an example of how to configure it for 4-20ma. See picture I posted in post 19

BlockTranferIE12.jpg IE12BTW.jpg

Last edited:
Hy fellows,
I want to thank all of you for your help, but unfortunally I haven´t can applicate them because my Virtual Machine where I was Working breaks down, Now I have reinstalled the software but the old Licence keys file -rockwell.imz- that I had appear like corrupt. Can you help me with this?

This is the error that appear. If someone knows about medium voltage VFD I posted a Thread with this title: VFD Ross Hill 11500 HP partial migration to AB. Thanks a lot

1.jpg

Hi fellows and thanks for your help now I can communicate with the Flex IO. I´ve attached the Rockwell Publications ID 66453 and 43255 I hope will usefull for someone else.