plc5 ethernet module uptime

lightning1

i have a plc5/80ethernet module.the issue i'm having is sometimes a 3rd party software we are using for mapping product stops communicating.they are saying it is a plc issue.the plc stays in run.typing in the address to the processor in the web brings up the rockwell provided page and it shows uptime of processor.my question is if we loose communication even if the processor is running correctly with no faults will the "module uptime" on that page change?or does it only change if the processor is powered off?thanks

I'm not specifically certain about the PLC-5's embedded webpage, but on all other RA products that have an embedded webpage with an Uptime counter, the value increments starting from power-up.

The fact that the HTTP server is working doesn't mean for certain that the CIP or CSPv4 protocol servers are working.

To resolve questions of "which component stopped working" effectively, protocol analysis is the only way to go. I do this sort of thing with mirror-port Ethernet switches and Wireshark software often.

our i.t. department has swiched to another data connection yesterday they said it was "saturated".it has worked with no issues yet last night and today.thanks ken i will suggest to them your option if issue comes up again.thanks