PLC5 output triggered based on time

bist

Hi,

I will start with an apology because I'm so new to this that the next question will sound really stupid. I'm using a PLC5 a&b at home for switching on lights and stuff.

I got some nice answers from you guys here about pushbuttons and switching on lights. Thanks for that.

Now I have another question. I have some floor orientation lighting and I would like to switch it on at 20u at night and switch it back of at 9 in the morning. Now, I'm using relais to switch the 220volts. So I need to "coil" to be on during the whole period and released after 9 in the morning.

Is there any change one of you guys can help me with this? I know there is a clock in the PLC5 but I have no clue how to read it to switch on an output

Thanks

Bist

you've got some typos in your post, so I might have misunderstood - but I think this is along the lines you're looking for ...

lightswitch.JPG

Last edited:
You can use the S registers within the controller.

In your project on the navigation window go to:

Project->Controller->Processor Status->

On the "Main" tab you will see the time. They use the time and day, month and year in the S registers. The registers are listed right beside the actual time.

Day = S:39
Month = S:38
Year = S:37 and so on.

You can use these registers and create holding registers for your time on and off and use EQU for when you want your coil to turn on and off.

Hope this helps!

wow this is great..

Thanks guys. Will try it right away.

but will the relais stay ON because when the output is high the relais is on, but when then output is low then the relais releases.

I just happened to have everything ready to go ...

why don't you tell him how to find - and set - the PLC's clock? ... he might need that information next ...

I figured that out already.. I just don't always get it immediately..the logic I mean. But once I see it I can read it..so that's how I learn

tip: you don't have to wait all night to "try out" the logic ... just experiment by MANUALLY typing in the hour of the day (24-hour format) into location S:21 ... watch what happens to the output ...

just don't forget to reset the clock when you're finished ...