Please Help!!!!!

JasonG

Im out on a cutover this weekend and the customer needs to reuse some old Optimate OM616 panels. Does anyone have the software to make changes to this unit. Optimates website only has support for the newest models and does not even list this thing. Its not all that old mfg date was 2000.

Part# OM616
6 Lit buttons
2x16 LCD Display
3 LEDs

if anyone has the software please let me know
[email protected]

Wow, I've never seen a 616 model. Perhaps it's not sold in the US? I found a picture at THIS eBay auction.

Too bad A-D doesn't sell this model. That vertical orientation would come in handy for some of my projects... :(

I have the Optimate software (V2.36), but a 616 is not in the drop-down list of panel types. The software is available for download HERE. You may want to contact Optimate (or Automation Direct) directly and inquire about software for this unit.

beerchug

-Eric

Thats the exact unit they have here. I wish I did the site survey and not that sales person. My big problem is no tech support until Monday so Im on my own

Some of the 'staff' here might be missing, but PLCS.net doesn't close for the holidays... :site:

There's always a chance someone here might be able to offer some assistance before Monday. SOMEONE here may have used a 616 at one time or another... :confused:

beerchug

-Eric

It kinda looks like it might be a version of the OP640. (Hard to see through the bubble wrap though).

I would try programming it using the download that Eric provided, and choosing the 640.

I had already tried all the close looking models. When you try and up/down load anyhting it tells you its the incorrect model. Other than that our job is going well tore out over 600 I/Os befor lunch and have the new PLCs in place.
I hope I can find the software or Im going to have to find a way to replace the doors on the cabinets and put new interfaces in as well as re=punch the doors for all the indicators/controls that they have.......for free

elevmike said:
(Hard to see through the bubble wrap though).

Try scrolling down the eBay page a bit, Mike... ;)

I'd hold off on the reworking of the doors until you get a definitive answer from A-D/Optimate, Jason. You might find someone in the office on Friday or Saturday. There MUST be software for these somewhere since they're not very old... :nodi:

beerchug

-Eric

Hi group...Happy Thanksgiving and all that, I'm glad that I'm not the only person working today!!!
Just a thought...I know that if you try to load a AD 250 program to a AD 260 you will get an error message about it not being the right CPU type and that errors MAY happen, but you have the option of ignoring it...do you get the ignore option? if so, try it...might work well enough to get you up and running.

David

BTW Eric...I found a bottle of Laird's Applejack down here...guess what I had for my feast today....

It actually causes a GPF and closes the program. I think Im going to end up screwed on this one. I tried to contact the @$$ that sold this think and of course he has the cell phone off.
Things are working well on the machine except for the operator interfaces so it may come down to installing one new operator station this weekend just to get the line up and let the powers that be argue over what to do on monday. I have 8 guys here that want to go home!

It might be prudent to install a new OP anyway. Unless the customer buys up those 2 on eBay, I doubt there's much chance of getting a replacement in the future. The customer might foot the bill (though I doubt it) if you say you 'upgraded obsolete equipment'... :confused:

Too bad they don't sell these... I actually LIKE the vertical orientation... :cool:

beerchug

-Eric

Sorry I missed your call, David.

We had a couple that were real similar at the tire plant 9 years ago, I think they may have been nematron, maybe not.

I know they weren't Optimate.

Couldn't find any sign of the 616 on any searches anywhere, and if it was out there, I'm sure Eric would have found it.

Maybe the guy on ebay will have all sorts of info that I can pass on.

regards.....casey

kc9ih said:
We had a couple that were real similar at the tire plant 9 years ago, I think they may have been nematron, maybe not.

I know they weren't Optimate.

:unsure: Funny, Nematron is one of our accounts, and I was always under the impression that Optimate is a Nematron product...