pls help in integrating 1766L32BXB with 1762-ob32T extension module

mbreddy

Hi,
I have added digital output expansion module(1762-ob32t) to the PLC and able to program the output but when i try to measure the voltage,i am not getting any as i supposed to get 24v.

I have wired the module(VDC1 and VDC2 to 24v) and DC Common which are common for both PLC and expansion module.

I dont have that much knowledge in hardware pls help if doing in wrong way.

Thanks.

mbreddy, did you get your modules to work? I believe I'm having the same issue. Using the 1762-OB32T (32pt sourcing output module). Have connected as I understand it to be shown in manual (Publication 1762-IN020B-EN-P - June 2013). My +24VDC to VDC1,VDC1,VDC2,VDC2, and my -24VDC com to com1,com1,com2,com2.

Put a 500ma fuse on the 24VDC, it blew instantly, no outputs called for.

I think I'm misunderstanding the wire diagram. If it were like other sourcing outputs I've wired, I would not have those com1's and com2's connected, and only the output loads would return to common. So if I don't get any replies, my next step will be to remove those wires and see what happens.

1762 32pt pre-wired cables - Since it has come up a couple times in searching threads - I'm looking at one right now:
p/n - 1492-CAB010P62 It is prewired to plug directly into module, but is not an IFM, the conductors on field connections end need to be stripped and landed. Eliminates need for crimping and soldering the tiny connectors, so its worth $160.
Watch out for 1492-CAB010U62, unless you prefer your cable go UP from the module (I did not). The 010 is the cable length (1m), other lengths are available.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Byron

The only reason I can see for this is:
faulty module
faulty cable
incorrect polarity of your 24V power supply
the module manual doesn't seem very specific about pin numbers. is it possible you are wiring +24V to what you believe is VDC1 but something is actually upside down and you are wiring to COM1 or COM2?

AustralIan,
Thank you for your reply. I've discovered the issue. I managed to flip, reverse, invert, or otherwise mangle up the connector pinout. From what I can tell, using this cable, with the 32 pt modules, the pinout map is shown upside down. Because the connector is keyed, there is no way I can see that the map is not upside down (relative to the plc module). Guess I need to rotate the paper 180, hold up to the light, and read through the back this time.

I'm usually pretty careful and meticulous, thus I've made this error perfectly, four times, on two panels. 160 tiny wires to re-label and land, awesome!! Oh well, I gotta laugh a little, and will always inspect the other end more closely before making any assumptions!

Byron