Point I/O communication through 1756-EN2T possible?

phuz

We planned on our network using an EN2T in our controllogix rack to talk to all the Point I/O, but I get the dreaded yellow triangle on all the Point I/O devices including the 1734-AENT module. When I move it over to the 1756-ENBT module, everything works. Am I really prohibited from using the faster EN2T module?!? This doesn't make sense.

Should work but check that all your communication parameters are correct, that you have the project file's module matching the EN2T's version, stuff like that. Yellow triangle means you're almost there.

Highlight one of those 1734 modules and look at the error message at the bottom of the I/O tree or in the Connection tab.

You can definitely use POINT I/O with 1756-EN2T.

The most common issue I run into with POINT I/O is that the 1734-AENT adapter must be manually set to the correct Rack Size, using either RSLogix 5000 or the embedded Web page. Just configuring the -AENT size value in RSLogix isn't enough: you have to take an action to apply the correct adapter size.

LOL!
It helps if you don't fat-finger a subnet of 255.255.254.0 :)
problem solved. I was pulling my hair for an hour on this one.
Embarrassing, yes.